Profile of Air Cmde. Ranjan Mukherjee VSM IAF,
State Commissioner for PwD, NCT of Delhi.
- Air Commodore Ranjan Mukherjee, Vishisht Sewa Medal has been a commissioned officer of the Indian Air Force with 35 years of multifaceted experience in both civil and defence Administration & Management. Besides the Air Force, worked as Additional Director General, Prasar Bharti from 2014 to 2017, Officer on Special Duty to the Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Delhi from 2007 to 2013, and as Advisor cum Secretary to Hon'ble Minister of State, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, GoI, since 03 May 2018,till 30 June 2019,( this post was with the due approval of the Cabinet Committee of Appointment).
- Possess ability to plan and execute task under strained circumstances and achieve goals by managing diverse teams and utilizing effective negotiation and communication skills.
- Possess special knowledge in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management & Administrative experience in IAF & Civil bureaucracy.
- Masters in Business Administration with specialization in Human Resource Development from Symbiosis Inst. of Mgmt. Studies, Pune in 2005.
- B.Sc. (Agricultural Sciences) 4 years integrated course from Inst of Agri Sciences, Banaras Hindu University in 1981.
- Ministry of Agriculture and FW.: Working with the hon'ble union minister,GoI, had the privilege and birds eye view of the planning, execution of policies and development strategy for the ministry pan India, alongside the management of the budget of the ministry since 2018 till 30 June,2019.
- Prasar Bharti – Ministry of I&B, GOI: W.e.f. 09th July 2014, served on deputation from the IAF to Ministry of I&B, Prasar Bharti till 31 Dec 2017. Was Instrumental in launching of the new Channel ‘Kisan’, dedicated to the farmers and the rural population.
- The Concept, Designing, Content of the channel with complete planning and the launch was spearheaded and was duly appreciated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister.
- Was also made HOD of couple of additional channels i.e. DD Urdu & DD International channel (DD India), and Commercial of Prasar Bharti ( both DD & AIR). Was Instrumental in uplifting the overall revenue generation manifold – to a record level.
- With Govt. of Delhi ( 2007-- 2013 ) : have experience in dealing with complex Socio-Politico-Administrative Issues. Monitoring and functional Operations of the Commonwealth Games, 2010, besides supervision and control of various Govt. Depts. such as Delhi Police – dealt with law & order issues of the National Capital, Municipal Corporation of Delhi, Disaster Preparedness, Grievance Redressal of Citizens of Delhi, Traffic Management of Delhi, Yamuna River Development, Delhi Red Cross etc. Simultaneously also served as Principal Commissioner in DDA and implemented several time-bound special projects.
In Air Force (June 1984-- Jan 2018): Besides core Military & Man Management/HRD, have experience in Supply Chain Management, Strategic Material Management and Defence Administration with specialization in large procurements and associated Contract and Budget Management. Have innumerable successful Negotiations with various foreign firms to the credit and is a known Strategic Negotiator.
- Launch of ‘DD Kisan’ Channel with complete planning, content design and all aspects of operations of the niche channel.
- In F.Y. 2015-16 to 2017-18, as head of revenue generation of Prasar Bharti administered successfully maximum revenue for the Govt. (From Rs 678 Cr to more than Rs 1200 Crs (including several state Governments & corporate clients).
- Crucial role in ensuring that operations & success of the Commonwealth games in Delhi in 2010, timely completion of several key projects that were critical to the development of the National capital, while posted in Delhi Govt and simultaneously as the Pr. Commissioner in DDA.
- Responsible for setting up of Delhi State Geo Spatial Data Infrastructure (DSSDI) comprising two major components; Land Information System and Security of Delhi,
- Created a special cell in MCD with retired armed forces personnel, improving overall enforcement besides generating additional revenues over Rs. 200 crore from Advertisements, Parking, Toll collection, etc.
- Actively contributed in ‘In-Situ Housing Schemes’ for the Economically Weaker Section of the society in Delhi.
- Instrumental for many joint ventures with complex technical & financial collaborations including the establishment of a Common Secured Network ‘TETRA’ for Delhi Police and other government departments with Collaboration from MNCs.
- Recognised for effectively organizing several Tri-Services operations/exercises with foreign participation at various location such as Pokhran, Mumbai, Chennai, etc.
- Impeccable integrity, Multifaceted, hardworking, mature professional with high IQ & intelligence, adaptability, innovation and quick thinking. With ability to work as a team player under strained circumstances, with skill of a great negotiator and an effective communicator. Have special ability to follow up crucial socio-political matters and important projects & taking the same through its logical conclusion effectively.
Awards and Recognition:
- For distinguished services rendered, awarded Vishishth Sewa Medal by the Hon’ble President of India on Republic Day, January 26, 2012.
- Was one of selectors for prestigious National Youth Awards in 2011 & 2012 in the Union sports & youth affairs ministry..
- Was among the recipients conferred with ‘Distinguished Centenary Alumni Award’ by alma-mater Banaras Hindu University, during the centenary International Alumni meet in 2015.